Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sleeplessness

I'm hording sparkly moments
And storing them away
So I can run them through my mind's eye
On any rainy day

My chest of treasures overflows
And crowds out the sleepy haze
That longs to lead me into forgetful slumber
Far from this happy place

Baubles of laughter
Sapphires of embrace
Chains of friendship
Pearls of understanding
Rubies of kindness
Emeralds of beauty
Diamonds of faith

Entranced, I finger each gem
And tuck them into my fleeting memory
Where if only in this sleepless vapor
I have cherished today

1 comment:

  1. WOW Lisa. Thanks for sharing your heart and your gift of putting words together (Can you tell that I don't have that :)
    I hope that you will continue to inspire others as you freely offer the gift you were made to give.

    ReplyDelete